Sunday, March 17, 2013

Basement Bargain Buyers Needed

They say the first step toward healing is admitting that you have a problem.  So I’m just going to come out and say it- I own too many golf clubs.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m not one of those people with a garage full of overflowing golf bags.  I’ve managed to lend out all of my backup drivers (Titleist 983K, Taylormade R5, Callaway Diablo Edge Tour).  I have three backup 3-woods (Cleveland Launcher, Callaway Big Bertha II, Taylormade Raylor), two backup hybrids (Adams Tour Prototype, Taylormade Rescue), two sets of backup irons (Mizuno MS-11, Ping Eye2 BeCu), and at least 5 backup putters.  I think it’s time for me to get rid of some clubs.  I just bought a new 3-wood that I’m in love with, so I can’t foresee much regret in getting rid of the others.  I can’t hit my backup hybrids, which I’ve only held onto in case I need to throw a set together for out of town guests.  That’s part of the problem- I feel like I need to hang onto the hybrids and one of the 3-woods for when my family comes to visit.  For the same reason I feel the need to hold on to the Mizuno MS-11s- a set of true blades that I feature the world’s smallest sweet spot (but what a sweet feeling sweet spot it is!)- so that I have something to play with when I lend my Cleveland CG Reds to my bogey-golfer father.     Beyond that, something tells me that the MS-11s and the Ping Eye2s (the Ping’s grips are so worn that they can’t be used) will only increase in value.  I’ll have a hard time getting rid of any of my putters because I’ve had solid putting rounds with every single one of them. And there you have it- I’ve already managed to justify keeping the majority of my cache of clubs.  Here’s how you can help: let me know if you are interested in any of my clubs (see details below) and let’s make a deal.

Drivers:
Titleist 983K, YS-6 Stiff shaft, New Decade Multicompound grip (currently on loan)
Taylormade R5 Neutral, stock graphite stiff shaft  (this club has been claimed)
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour, Project X 6.0 shaft (currently on loan)

3-woods:
Cleveland Launcher, stock graphite regular flex
Callaway Big Bertha, YS-6 Stiff shaft
Taylormade Raylor, Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold Stiff flex graphite

Hybrids:
Adams Idea Pro Tour Prototype 23-degree, Aldila VS Proto  Regular flex
Taylormade Rescue Mid 19-degree, UG65 graphite stiff flex

Iron sets:
Mizuno MS-11 3 - PW, Rifle 6.0 shafts
Ping Eye2 BeCu 2 - LW, stiff steel shafts

Wedges:
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 60.04
Scratch Golf 47-degree wedge

Putters:
Odyssey White Hot XG #7, 35-inches (currently on loan)
Odyssey White Hot Tour #9, 34-inches (my current gamer)
C-Groove Mallet, 33-inches
Ray Cook Blue Goose blade putter, 35-inches
Never Compromise ZI Delta2 blade, 33-inches, Winn AVS grip
Odyssey 2Ball, 33-inches, Golf Pride Dual Durometer grip
Acushnet Bullseye, 35-inches
Powerbilt Levelume blade, 32-inches
Ping Anser blade
Ping Pal

No comments:

Post a Comment